Due to Covid 19 and Fort Worth's emergency declaration, all guild meetings are cancelled until further notice. I know our meetings are our member's chance to visit with friends, and learn new things. Since we can't get together, consider some of the following ideas to virtually feel that togetherness:
- Get involved in making masks for local health personnel, or your own family. Must Love Fabric in Grapevine has a source that needs masks, and they are providing kits. They have a tutorial on their FB page for making their kit masks, and there are many other tutorials online for making a mask that works for you.
- Consider having your Bee meetings via Zoom. It's a virtual meeting application that you can access on your computer Zoom.us or you can load the app on your phone or tablet.
- Follow our TVQG Facebook Page. You can post what you're working on and see what others are doing. See April's newsletter for Beth's article on how to start following our page.
- Join an online Quilt-a-Long. Many are in progress, but I bet you can get instructions for blocks they've already finished and catch up.
- Many quilting celebrities/teachers are offering online classes/demos/virtual shows. Google your favorites.
- There are lots of quilting groups on Facebook to follow. Beth Rhodes suggests Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts, Quilted Twins, and Texas Quilters to name a few.
- Pick up the phone, and call a friend, just to let them know you're thinking of them.
We will get through this, and come out stronger! Hopefully with a smaller stash and lots of quilts made! Stay safe, and I look forward to seeing your smiling faces soon.